7.05.2009

Simple rules....

So, I said two posts ago that I was going to talk about the ten commandments. For some reason, I feel a strong need to discuss how simple the rules he gave us are....

So if you have a bible, the place to find the commandments are in Exodus 20 3-17...


Done flipping? I'm just going to go through them in order.

#1: "You shall have no other gods before me."

Wow, how terribly hard. Seriously, thats so easy! Just put him before all others/ everything! Share with him everything first, and be careful with how you trust others. My bible refers to this as 'trusting god only' and says that you can obey this by 'praying about your needs'.

#2: "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or in the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous god, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."

God, is jealous, and he would not want you to worship anyone or anything other than him. That's it. He needs to be your only one. Only worship him. Have him as the only one you thank and praise.

#3: "You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."

Just use his name respectfully! It's common courtesy! Don't swear with his name! Imagine how you would feel if someone swore with your name! Goodness & Gosh people, let's use Goodness & Gosh!

Now my blog is saying that I've typed to much, so wait for my next entry on commandments 4-10.

luvs

No comments: