8.06.2009

Disregard....


Hey...I decided to post!
 
Matthew. I am writing about Matthew. Isn't that wonderful? 
 
Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me; "Lord, Lord,"  will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father in heaven."
 
So basically, I'm taking it as this. You know those churches where they say the key to heaven is being the best person you can be? That, according to this verse, is untrue. Only those who do the will of God get to go to his kingdom. This is why we have to act.
 
Ways we might act:
Discover our spiritual gifts!
 
What does God want you to do? What did he give you so that you could help others find him?
 
Use them!
 
In some other verse, it says it is a sin to ignore your spiritual gifts! Use them! Use them! ( I think we talked about this during church...)
 
"I haven't found my gift yet, but I want to be involved, what can I do?"
 
Prayer is key! Pray for others, and pray that your gifts may be revealed to you! They will come! God has your life planned out ahead of you. He will show you in due time. God loves you, and he will not let you get hurt.
 
Something cool that Jesus said.....
 
Matthew 6:34
" Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
 
Jesus is again showing how much he loves us! He doesn't want you to worry! He wants you to feel safe in his arms, comforted by his presence, calmed by his words.
 
 
  luvssssss....
 
 
Faith


3 comments:

monica said...

I am eager to discover my spiritual gifts. You said praying reveals them.
I am hoping mine shall be revealed soon.
Very thoughtful post.

Faith said...

I 'll pray that they will!

Miki-K said...

http://miki-k-braindump.blogspot.com/

faith! your good buddy! i was massively bored. try and bear through will you?