7.20.2010

Blog-able facebook note I wrote..

This year while in Kentucky I learned a lot.
First of which, I've been shadowing God.

I go to a school that's primarily atheist/agnostic. I never had that problem in middle school. In middle school almost EVERYONE was Christian. But when I got to high school it seemed that no one was. Thus beginning my shadowing of Christianity.
See, the people at my school really insult Christians, calling us 'closed minded people who think they're better than everyone else.' That's a bit stereotypical if you ask me. They're being kind of closed minded themselves by putting all Christians in that group.

So before Kentucky I was trying to hide all evidence of me being a Christian. Someone would ask about my summer plans? 'Oh, I'm going to Kentucky.' I wouldn't say why I would be in Kentucky, and I would hope that no one would ask. Whenever my atheist friends would say anything about religion I would pretend I couldn't hear them or try to change the subject. I felt awful about it. Sometimes God would push me to say something, but I'd ignore him. I'd tell him that I'd do it later, that I had plenty of opportunities. That's not really the way we should be working.

But in Kentucky I learned that everything you do has an impact on someone's life. That those little kids at the carnival would remember how we played with them and would someday ask, "Why?'

I also realized that being a Christian can't just be a part of you. It needs to BE you. You NEED to be known by it. I can't hide behind a mask anymore. You know how everyone says that if you act nice and well, like a Christian SHOULD act, people will ask why? I didn't want them to ask why. But now I do. I WANT them to ask why. I want Christ to live THROUGH me. I want to love ALL people. I want to be obedient. I want to live without fear, knowing that God is on MY side.

"Our God is greater,
Our God is stronger,
God you are higher than any other
Our God is healer,
Awesome in power,
Our God, Our God...

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?
And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?
What could stand against?"

"When I am afraid,
I will trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?"
Psalm 56: 3-4

No comments: